Drop IPAPPEND2 completely and use 01 for the hardware prefix
Due to regression in EL 8.3 dracut/nm it no longer accepts 00 as hardware type. However 01 (ethernet) is accepted. A temporary fix was made in #31452 to workaround the issue, now NetworkManger is getting a fix to accept both 01 and 00 the final solution is simply to default to the correct hardware type 01 alltogether and removing IPAPPEND 2 statement because it was unnecessary anyway (BOOTIF was actually twice).
- Related to Bug #31452: Cannot build an EL 8.3 system via Satellite Bootdisk or Discovery kexec added
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/8230 added
- Related to Bug #31524: Do not put hardware type into BOOTIF configurable for EL8.3+ added
- Fixed in Releases 2.4.0 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/8286 added
- Target version set to 2.3.3
In order to be able to provision EL 8.4 and later, this fix is needed for the final solution to the problem. This was delayed due to longer discussion with Anaconda/NM team on how to approach this.
- Fixed in Releases 2.3.3 added
Also available in: Atom