Feature #30440: Simple & automatic host registration WF
Usability issues with templates & operating systems
When first users (QAs) started testing & using Global Registration feature, they were repeatedly facing some issues with usability:
1. Forgetting to assign Host registration template (HRT) to operating system
2. Assigning Global Registration Template (GRT) to OS (instead of HRT)
3. Mixing GRT & HRT in general
Fix for 1. case:
When OS is created, automatically assign default HRT (defined in settings)
Assigned HRT to the OS is precondition for sucessful host registration to the Foreman. Without it process will always fail!
Therefore users have to assign template manually each time they create OS.
If they have to do it manually every single time OS is created,
we could do it for them, right? Like we do it in Katello plugin (https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/9049),
but for all operating systems.
There are two new template kinds now (instead of just one):
- Global Registration template, (now with validation that it can't be assigned to OS)
- Host Registration template
And new setting for default host registration template
- New template kind 'Host initial configuration' for
host configuration after the registration.
- Registration templates (like 'Global Registration')
cannot be assigned to operating system
- 'Linux Registration default' renamed to 'Linux host_init_config default'
with new kind 'Host initial configuration' kind
- Automatically assign the default 'Host initial configuration'
template (defined in settings) to any new operating system