Feature #30440: Simple & automatic host registration WF
Install packages after host registration
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
As a user I want to be able to easily automate installation of additional packages at the end of the registration.
- New Global Parameter `registration_install_packages`
- New snippet `manage_packages`
- New template macro `manage_packages`
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/8298 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 2 years ago
- Fixed in Releases 2.5.0 added
#3 Updated by Leos Stejskal almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman|bf56104d8e67e9ad56c18054776a94507d78a41a.
Fixes #31743 - Template macro install_packages (#8298)
For package installation on supported OS families: Red Hat, Debian & Suse.
In host registration users can now install packages
by setting the `host_packages` parameter.
Also if a snippet `host_init_config_post` is defined, it gets added to the registration script.