Remove requirement for entering an IP address when creating a new host
In some scenarios, it's valid for a host's IP address to be optional and so the new host form shouldn't require it.
This would mean you then can't use DNS or DHCP orchestration, static IP-based foreman_bootdisk, etc. Perhaps if the user has DNS or DHCP orchestration configured, it should be mandatory.
#2 Updated by Greg Sutcliffe over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Target version set to 1.4.0
This is fairly straightforward I think. We already have Host#require_ip_validation as a method, this can have logic added to cover:
- IP needed if the Host is assigned to a DNS and/or DHCP proxy (since the IP is needed for those functions)
- IP not needed if the above is not true and tokens are enabled (otherwise IP is needed for templates)
- IP not needed if it's an image based deployment (since there's only a finish template, and Foreman sends it, it's not retrieved by the host)