separator for releases in deb repository is whitespace, not comma
Trigger the bug using the following steps:
- install CentOS 7
- install Katello 3.18.1 using the official instructions, no extra options
- add "Ubuntu 20.04" as a product
- add "Ubuntu 20.04" as a repository, list multiple releases to sync from (see attachment, the listing is already in the right form there)
The tooltip says, releases should be a "comma separated list". The dialogue accepts this. During sync, however, pulp tries to sync a single release called "focal,focal-backports..." etc.
Through trial and error it turned out, that the correct separator in this dialogue is a whitespace. The tooltip should be corrected.
#1 Updated by Chris Roberts about 2 years ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Target version set to Katello 4.0.1
- Category set to Repositories
#2 Updated by Rossen G about 2 years ago
I tried to sync 20.04, with "focal focal-updates focal-security" and it eventually errors out with the following:
duplicate key value violates unique constraint "core_publishedartifact_publication_id_relative__97f785f4_uniq" DETAIL: Key (publication_id, relative_path)=(a352c2d8-b1ff-492a-b905-438f7826a1a4, pool/all/p/python-ironicclient/python3-ironicclient_4.1.0-0ubuntu1_all.deb) already exists.
#3 Updated by Ian Ballou about 2 years ago
- Has duplicate Bug #32200: separator for components in deb repository is whitespace, not comma added
#4 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 2 years ago
- Assignee set to James Jeffers
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/9302 added
#5 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 2 years ago
- Fixed in Releases Katello 4.2.0 added
#6 Updated by James Jeffers almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset katello|bc354d0a403eb3ab7d8976ff86368b326684f318.
Fixes #31999 - Debian remote strings for releases, components, and architectures are separated by whitespace not commas.