Confirming interface modal by enter causes whole Host form to get confirmed
If interface modal (in edit host menu) is confirmed with enter, enter confirms host update instead of new interface, this action cause another misbehavior
Description of problem:
When user adds new interfaces to hosts and user will confirm this action with enter instead new interface confirmation the host update confirmation is done. This action is also causing additional bug where user is unable to continue with his work without refresh or url change, because screen is faded with gray color and no action is allowed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Sat 6.6 snap 24
Sat 6.7 snap 1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate through Host -> Edit host -> Interfaces -> Add Interface
2. Click with mouse to any field in Add interface menu ( e.g Device Identifier)
3. Press Enter on your keyboard (doesn't matter which enter)
Confirmation doesn't work for new interface submit, but for the host submit. Host is updated, but user is unable to continue the work, because screen is faded by gray color.
more concretely div element with class: modal-backdrop fade in
After user will hit the enter, only new interface should be added. And another enter should confirm host update.
Not sure why is allowed to add empty interfaces ( without any attributes ) to your hosts. But this is not connected with this bugzilla. I would just like to know the idea behind that.
Updated by Adi Abramovitch over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Confirming interface modal by enter causes whole Host form to get confirmed to Confirming interface modal by enter causes whole Host form to get confirmed
- Assignee set to Adi Abramovitch
- Triaged changed from No to Yes