Provide alternative FIPS/NIST approved password hashing to bcrypt
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
Although bcrypt is considered one of the strongest password hashing algs it is not approved by FIPS/NIST. PBKDF2 on the other hand is, so let's add a third alternative alg so users can pick what they prefer.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 2 years ago
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/8517 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 1 year ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.3.0 added
#3 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman|add9562faef4f61c4e3aeddd8be6ba7e8e9fc4d1.
Fixes #32572 - PBKDF2 password hashing support
Signed-off-by: Lukas Zapletal <email@example.com>