Shorten or handle "410 Gone" errors rather than printing a page-long trace for each
1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] Shorten or hangle "410 Gone" errors rather than printing a page-long trace for each
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When a "410 Gone" error is generated, it is accompanied by a page-long trace in the /var/log/foreman/production.log on every occurrence. For larger environment, this fairly common occurrence can make the already chatty logs even busier.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To simplify logs and troubleshooting.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Catch and Handle the error and print a simpler error in much fewer lines.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Cause a situation where a "410 Gone" happens (example: Delete a Content Host from the Satellite and then perform a yum call from the Content Host)
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
None that appear to be open
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Fixes #32726 - Suppress all Candlepin stack traces for Api::Rhsm::CandlepinProxiesController
#1 Updated by Lucy Fu over 1 year ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Priority changed from High to Low
- Assignee changed from Chris Roberts to Lucy Fu
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Subject changed from Shorten or handle "410 Gone" errors rather than printing a page-long trace for each to Shorten or handle "410 Gone" errors rather than printing a page-long trace for each
- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug