Limited CV docker tags cannot be pulled after syncing library repo with "limit sync tags"
Description of problem:
Scenario: there is a content view version promoted to some LCE with docker tags. Tags: latest, glibc, and uclibc.
There are no filters.
The library repository is given "Limit Sync Tags": glibc,uclibc and the repo is re-synced.
Now, the library repo is missing latest as it should.
However, when you try to `podman pull` from the content view version LCE repository, latest is also missing, even though the content view version never changed.
WARN0003 failed, retrying in 1s ... (3/3). Error: initializing source docker://satellite.example.com/default_organization-environment-testcv-myproduct-prometheus_busybox:uclibc: reading manifest uclibc in satellite.example.com/default_organization-environment-testcv-myproduct-prometheus_busybox: unknown: uclibc was not found!
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Katello 4.1+, maybe older versions as well.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sync a docker repo
2. Add that docker repo to a content view and publish
3. `podman pull` from the content view version LCE repository (Library is fine)
4. Ensure that `podman pull` works on some tag "A" in the repo
5. Update the repository's limit sync tags to exclude the tag "A" that was tested before
6. Re-sync the repository
7. Try pulling tag "A" again. Notice that there is an error about the tag being missing.
Tag "A" cannot be pulled.
Tag "A" can still be pulled.
This is due to RepositoryDockerMetaTags disappearing when the library repository is synced. Workarounds include resyncing the repository and republishing the content view. Alternatively, you can run `repository.index_content` in the foreman console on the related content view version repository.
#2 Updated by Ian Ballou 4 months ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Target version changed from Katello 4.4.0 to Katello 4.3.1
- Subject changed from Limited CV docker tags cannot be pulled after syncing library repo with "limit sync tags" to Limited CV docker tags cannot be pulled after syncing library repo with "limit sync tags"