Host page does not offers any option to connect to the Web\Cockpit Console of the client system
Description of problem:
After enabling the Red Hat web console feature in Satellite 7.0, the redesigned Host page does not offer any option to connect to the Web\Cockpit Console of the client system but switching back to the old view, gives the "Web Console" button to do so.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 7.0 (Snap 10) [ RHEL 8]
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install and Configure a Satellite 7.0 with some content synced.
2. Register an RHEL 7 system with Satellite 7.0 that has a cockpit installed and enabled. Use the global registration method so that REX keys are shared as a part of the process.
3. Run "satellite-installer --enable-foreman-plugin-remote-execution-cockpit" in satellite
4. Go to Hosts --> All Hosts --> Click open the RHEl 7 host
On the Redesigned page,
- there is no option to connect to the cockpit console of the host.
- In the kebab dropdown beside the Edit button, we see a Console option but that is Grayed Out.
Now, Switch to the Previous version or Go back to Legacy UI for the same host and a "Web Console" button will be visible and available to use as well to connect to cockpit console of the RHEL 7 client system.
The redesigned view should not have a "Grayed Out" Console option or it needs to have a working "Web Console" or "Cockpit Console" button providing the same functionality as the old\Legacy view of the page.
Updated by Amir Fefer over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman_plugin|a52c0d767c06116cef57987231ae796072e7b10f.