The "Serve via HTTP" and "Verify SSL" options in Repo Discovery page does not functions at all in Satellite 7.0
Description of problem:
The "Serve via HTTP" and "Verify SSL" options in Repo Discovery page does not function at all in Satellite 7.0
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 7.0 (satellite-7.0.0-0.4.1.beta.el7sat.noarch)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL 7 + Satellite 7.0
2. Go to Repo Discovery page, Fill up : Repository Type and URL to Discover and then click on "Discover".
3. Select the discovered repo and click on "Create Selected"
4. Note down the settings\selections of "Serve via HTTP" and "Verify SSL"
5. Mention Repo name\label, select product and then "Run Repository Creation"
6. Check on the newly created repo
At Step 4:, Both of these options are selected whether we keep them selected or unselected them, that does not matters at all.
"Serve via HTTP" | "Verify SSL"
At Step 6, Anyway, the repo will be created in this way :
Verify SSL: Yes
Publish via HTTPS: Yes
Unprotected : No
And the "Published AT" URL is a https URL.
This means, that
A) Those two options during repo discovery served no function.
B) With "Publish via HTTPS: Yes" and "Unprotected : No" , The repo can only be accessed by authenticating via correct CA certificate over https.
C) There is no way to modify "Publish via HTTPS" setting. So providing "Publish via HTTPS" option during Repo Discovery is just meaningless.
- Either replace "Publish via HTTPS" with "Unprotected" and make it functional or else remove the "Publish via HTTPS" choice completely.
- Ensure that the "Verify SSL:" choice is working fine.