Update grub2 chainboot templates for scsi
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
When network booting a system, there is grub.cfg file used to chainload to local disk upon system installation.
The template needs to be updated to make sure software raid systems and/or VMWare systems can chainload successfully.
The solution consists in:
- calling a new "connectefi scsi" command prior to searching for local disk boot loader (e.g. "search --file ... /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI")
- modifying "search --file" commmand to restrict to EFI disks ("search --file --efidisk-only ... /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI")
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot 12 months ago
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9175 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot 10 months ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.4.0 added
#3 Updated by Lukas Zapletal 10 months ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman|0462f797c1af5b31c0155cc50da69109e1a798d6.
#4 Updated by Amit Upadhye 7 months ago
- Category set to Templates
Fixes #34702 - use warning instead of halt for SCSI issues
Signed-off-by: Lukas Zapletal <firstname.lastname@example.org>