Assign HTTP Proxies to ACSs per smart proxy rather than per ACS
We determined that ACS children will likely need different HTTP Proxies depending on what smart proxy they're assigned to. So, we should move the HTTP Proxy selection to the smart proxy from the ACS. It likely doesn't make sense for ACSs on a single smart proxy to be talking to upstream servers via different HTTP Proxies.
#1 Updated by Ian Ballou 10 months ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
#2 Updated by Ian Ballou 10 months ago
- Blocks Tracker #33447: Alternate Content Sources Support Tracker (MVP) added
#3 Updated by Ian Ballou 9 months ago
Simplified ACSs will likely inherit HTTP Proxy config from their respective repositories. I'm thinking that, on the smart proxy page, there could be an option to select:
1) Inherit from repository
2) Use global default
3) Use specific HTTP proxy
This should be further discussed and designed out, however.
#4 Updated by Ian Ballou 9 months ago
Should simplified ACSs inherit HTTP proxy info?
Should ACSs even use the Default Global HTTP proxy?
Would it be likely that users would want to use different HTTP proxies for ACSs within a single smart proxy?
#6 Updated by The Foreman Bot 6 months ago
- Assignee set to Ian Ballou
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/10300 added
#7 Updated by Ian Ballou 6 months ago
- Target version changed from Katello 4.8.0 to Katello 4.7.0
#8 Updated by The Foreman Bot 5 months ago
- Fixed in Releases Katello 4.7.0 added
#9 Updated by Anonymous 5 months ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset katello|e95e87ef4253c62785fecbb91541cb5f81f2b3e6.
Fixes #34897 - select ACS HTTP proxies per smart proxy (#10300)