Ubuntu Autoinstall PXELinux template does not reference Smart Proxy correctly
- the iso image url (`http://foreman.example.com:80/pub/path/to/image.iso`)
- the userdata interface url (`http://foreman.example.com:80/userdata/`)
In order to reference these addresses in the template, the `@preseed_server` variable is used which links to `http://foreman.example.com:80`. This works fine for direct Foreman-based deployments.
If we want to deploy from a Smart Proxy now, a problem arises with the userdata interface: The Smart Proxy itself does not provide the userdata interface directly, but it forwards the request to the Foreman. The port to forward this request is by default `smart.proxy.com:8000`. Unfortunately, the `@preseed_server` variable contains the port `:80` which is wrong in this scenario.
In order to reference the template server, which is supposed to be used here, we must use the correct port. A different variable than `@preseed_server` must be used which holds the corresponding Smart Proxy port (by default :8000)
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot 10 months ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9227 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot 8 months ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.4.0 added
#3 Updated by Bastian Schmidt 8 months ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman|8fbfbca34b694cdb701f3e33b1f6c89203a62b68.
#4 Updated by Amit Upadhye 7 months ago
- Category set to Templates
#5 Updated by The Foreman Bot 6 months ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.3.1 added
Fixes #34941 - Enable Ubuntu Autoinstall smart proxy deployment
Co-authored-by: Evgeni Golov <email@example.com>