"Registered Content Hosts" Report is Showing the Wrong Available Kernel Version for RHEL 7.7 Client
Description of problem:
The "Host - Registered Content Hosts" is not showing the correct latest kernel available. Host is on 7.7 and currently using kernel 3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7. The host has access to kernel 3.10.0-1062.49.1.el7, yet the "Registered Content Hosts" report is showing the latest available kernel to be 3.10.0-1062.40.1.el7.
From the command line with yum, the host is showing it has access to 3.10.0-1062.49.1.el7 kernel.
Also, from the UI, navigating to the content host and selecting the Errata tab, the latest errata for the kernel that this host has access to, also shows 3.10.0-1062.49.1.el7.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Any version of Katello
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.7 with EUS
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register a RHEL 7 host
2. Sync the RHEL 7 RPMs repo
3. Check that there are multiple applicable kernel versions
4. Generate the Host - Registered Content Hosts report
5. See that the latest kernel is not actually the latest one
Report shows 1062.40.1.el7 as latest kernel.
Report shows 1062.49.1.el7 as the latest kernel.
Updated by William Clark over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from "Registered Content Hosts" Report is Showing the Wrong Available Kernel Version for RHEL 7.7 Client to "Registered Content Hosts" Report is Showing the Wrong Available Kernel Version for RHEL 7.7 Client
- Target version set to Katello 4.6.0
- Triaged changed from No to Yes