Rocky Linux UEFI grub2 chainloading is broken
In pxegrub2_chainload.erb various paths are tried, but the /EFI/rocky/grubx64.efi path is missing. This causes the server to refuse to boot.
I verified this with foreman-3.4.0-0.3.develop.20220623140235git143054a.el8.noarch and provisioned a Rocky Linux 8.6 server using a libvirt VM using UEFI.
Initially this was reported as an installer problem in #35101 but I don't believe this is the case.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot 9 months ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9295 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot 9 months ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.4.0 added
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden 9 months ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman|38d2bf3c667877a6341f291c91c6af263cddcf7e.
Fixes #35182 - Add Rocky Linux UEFI provisioning support
In pxegrub2_chainload.erb various paths are tried, but the
/EFI/rocky/grubx64.efi path is missing. This causes the server to refuse
To make it easier to use the Rocky Linux installation medium is added.