Editing an oVirt compute resource allows changing the type, which is unsupported
Description of problem:
When editing compute resources of certain types (e.g. EC2 and oVirt), the form allows the user to change the CR type to another. This is unsupported on existing CRs as VM UUIDs will change and CR attributes don't get updated properly. Some CR types (e.g. libvirt) correctly have it disabled. This option should be disabled consistently.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. More>Provisioning>Compute Resources, create a new oVirt compute resource
2. Edit the existing compute resource
3. Check if the type can be changed to another (e.g. EC2)
Type dropdown menu is not disabled, allows changing it (perhaps with an error on save).
Type dropdown is greyed out and disabled.
The dropdown is disabled based on "f.object.uuid.present?", however not all CR types have UUIDs. It should probably be .new_record?.
#1 Updated by Joseph Magen about 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Joseph Magen
- Target version set to 1.8.2
#2 Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.8.2 to 1.8.1
#3 Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.8.1 to 1.8.0
#4 Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.8.0 to 1.7.5
#5 Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.7.5 to 1.7.4
#6 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 8 years ago
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/1476 added
#7 Updated by Anonymous over 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.7.4 to 1.7.3
#8 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 21
#9 Updated by Joseph Magen over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset 7e74d71b314b97c70c4b08194cfdbccacbb4768c.
fixes #3544 - Editing an oVirt compute resource allows changing the type, which is unsupported