Add BIOS info to reported data facet
In order to show BIOS facts in HOST_DETAILS of the selected host the data needs to be stored as a reported data facet.
Note that facts can widely vary, depending on the source. We have reported data, which is a normalized version of it. That makes it reliable to use in the UI and is part of the API. See #35619 as well for how a kernel_version fact was added and then consumed in #35622.
Thank you for your response. However, we would like to merge PR #35667 by the end of the next week, and I think your resolve would need someone else to do it. Is the way I approach it not suitable?
No, facts are too different. Depending on the fact source it can be reported with a very different name and it's very unpredictable. We really need to normalize it into reported data first.
Sure, thank you for your help.
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9497 added
- Fixed in Releases 3.5.0 added
- Description updated (diff)
- Subject changed from Add facts to the host API to Add BIOS info to reported data facet
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Category changed from API to Facts
Also available in: Atom