Manage Redis service when the cache store is set to Redis
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
By default the Redis cache URL is hardcoded to redis://localhost:8479/0, unless specified explicitly. It would be better to automatically set up Redis and determine the port from that. We already have a Redis instance for Dynflow, so it wouldn't be much overhead.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 2 months ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/puppet-foreman/pull/1109 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 1 month ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.6.0 added
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden about 1 month ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset puppet-foreman|dfa6a869710b317157a225f4fa323dc196b1b738.
#4 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden about 1 month ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Fixes #36037 - Manage Redis service for Redis cache
This automatically manages Redis when the cache store type is set to
Redis, but no URLs have been provided. It's assumed that when a URL is
provided that the service is managed in another way.
This ignores the edge case where the user wants to run it on localhost,
but with a different database than 0.