Operating system name should be different to Facter operating system string
The OS names reported by Facter aren't the actual operating system names, so we should have a separate label/description to the ID that Facter uses.
e.g. "RedHat" should be "Red Hat Enterprise Linux", "Scientific" should be "Scientific Linux" etc.
- Description updated (diff)
Can we use RHEL instead of long variant?
Yeah, it'd certainly fit on the screen better. I was wondering if the LSB descriptions could be used by default, though that's the "long form", but at least let users edit the label/description.
- Target version set to 1.9.3
- Assignee set to Greg Sutcliffe
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 2
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #4389: OS label "RHEL Server 6.x" on host list is too long for column added
- Related to Bug #12554: Operating System description is shown in name column added
Also available in: Atom