Make default root password more explicit and configurable at install time
Foreman has a documented default root password configured of "123123", but while this is configurable, it would be improved by making this more obvious or configurable at installation time. Perhaps an installer option or a "first boot" type setup for Foreman.
- Related to Feature #3272: Separate internal admin account from user admin accounts added
We could remove the default password entirely, and require via model validation that the user provides one when creating a host (if not supplied via settings or a host group). We then suggest they might want to set this under settings or the host group.
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
- Assignee set to Stephen Benjamin
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 1.9.2
- Related to Bug #4167: Password length verification doesn't work added
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 4
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #4977: setting root_pass to empty string from the settings page breaks foreman added
- Related to Feature #5663: Configure the default root password policy in 1.5 added
Also available in: Atom