Allow user info to use --login as an optional argument
Foreman commands (obsolete)
Currently the command user info only accepts --id as a valid argument. During automation, when we create a new user via the CLI there's no way to get the ID for the newly created user (unless you loop through the results of user list). It would be helpful if we could also run hammer user info --login <my new user name>.
- hammer user info --help
hammer user info [OPTIONS]
--id ID resource id
-h, --help print help
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 9 years ago
- Related to Feature #3246: Return id of created object in create methods added
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 9 years ago
I think #3246 (merged but not released in a build) has just added the ID of newly created objects to the output of create commands. Also you can search by name, e.g.
hammer user list --search "login = admin".
#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 9 years ago
- Blocked by Bug #3736: GET /api/users/loginname throws 500 error added
#4 Updated by Martin Bacovsky over 9 years ago
- Category set to Foreman commands (obsolete)
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Martin Bacovsky
- Target version set to 1.9.2
#5 Updated by Martin Bacovsky over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset foreman:hammer-cli-foreman|commit:05360682a9620406d2fcbb4f7d724270b582c9cf.
#6 Updated by Martin Bacovsky over 9 years ago
- Has duplicate Feature #3469: Allow users to be identified by --login added
Fixes #3734 - Allow user info to use --login as an optional argument