Openstack boot from volume
Following from http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/4337 , Openstack compute resources should have access to volumes.
- New hosts should be able to be provisioned using block device mapping
- Block device mapping should support ephemeral disks
- Host#view should show volumes attached to it if its an Openstack VM.
- Openstack Compute Resources should show volumes.
boot-volume, swap, and snapshots will be supported once they are in Fog, but other tickets will cover that.
More info here https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BlockDeviceConfig
refs #4521 - Openstack Compute Resource: Boot from Volume on new Host
(cherry picked from commit 3f56eab265fdec913f988a119d78771d345c5428)
#20 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Openstack block device options to Openstack boot from volume
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 28
Not completely 'boot device mapping' but booting from a device is done -> https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/commit/3f56eab265fdec913f988a119d78771d345c5428