cannot change parent of hostgroup
I cannot change the parent of a hostgroup in version 1.5 via the UI.
I believe I could do it via the rails console by changing the "ancestry" field.
- Related to Feature #3939: add option to 'inherit from parent' for hostgroup attributes added
This was added in #3939, but I can't see why. I remember agreeing to disable reparenting of orgs/locs as that was going to be overly complex, but AFAIK, host group reparenting is safe.
- Assignee set to Joseph Magen
I had a talk with Joseph and we are not sure why it was added in the first place, Joseph can you remove it?
- Assignee deleted (
- Assignee set to Daniel Lobato Garcia
- Target version set to 1.8.3
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) deleted (
- Category set to Host creation
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version changed from 1.8.3 to 1.8.2
- Target version changed from 1.8.2 to 1.8.1
- Target version changed from 1.8.1 to 1.8.0
- Target version changed from 1.8.0 to 1.7.5
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/1403 added
- Target version changed from 1.7.5 to 1.7.4
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 21
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Has duplicate Bug #4348: Host group parameters tab doesn't show inherited parameters added
- Bugzilla link set to 1166161
Also available in: Atom