Deploy Puppet environmentpath and environment config files
Puppet 3.5 added support for an environmentpath (very much like our own default /etc/puppet/environments/) and 3.6 adds an environment.conf to configure the modulepath etc within each environment.
The installer should support deploying environments this style when possible, as it'll be the only option in Puppet 4.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
First part is up here: https://github.com/theforeman/puppet-puppet/pull/158
There are some further changes I noticed in the PR comments that need implementing, and finally we need to change the default to 'true' on Puppet 3.6+.
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 9 years ago
- Related to Feature #4699: Support Puppet environmentpath and environment config files added
#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
- Target version set to 1.8.0
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 10
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/puppet-puppet/pull/165 added
#4 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset puppet-puppet|2397861891ef9b548ebdda83fb435731cbfca439.
fixes #4700 - deploy directory environments on Puppet 3.6 or higher
- $server_dynamic_environments is deprecated when server_directory_environments
is enabled, set $server_environments =  instead for a similar effect
- environment.conf deployed if custom manifest, config_version etc supplied to
puppet::server::env instead of puppet.conf fragment
- basemodulepath set in puppet.conf to the value of server_common_modules_path,
which had /etc/puppet/modules added to match the new Puppet default
- $environment_timeout added to puppet::server::env