Smart Class parameters cannot be overridden in nested host groups
Running the 1.5.0RC1 with puppet 3.5.1 from puppetlabs.
I have three hostgroups:
I have the foreman's puppet class applied to base, and am overriding puppet::server to "false". I can see the value set in base. I also have puppet::server_git_repo overridden to "true".
I do not see those variables in either base/nullmailer or in base/nullmailer/foreman.
I know some organizations depend greatly on parameter inheritance, so I am setting the priority to "High".
I can provide logs etc. if needed.
fixes #5247 - overridable keys displayed on host group when env is inherited
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Smart Class parameters cannot be overridden in nested classes to Smart Class parameters cannot be overridden in nested host groups
- Category set to Puppet integration
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
- Target version set to 1.8.4
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 4
This seems to occur when the environment on the child host group has an inherited environment ("Inherit parent (production)"). Explicitly set environments, or the above patch should resolve it. Thanks!