provisioning templates associated with an org reference snippets not associated with same org
Unsure what the implications of this are: Will the snippets not be found a build time? Specifically looking at the subscription manager snippet referenced in katello kickstart.
#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 6 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Support
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Official answer is undefined behaviour, all associated resources should be available to the organisations you need them in to prevent mismatches.
Unofficially, I expect it depends on the context of where you're using the template. If triggering an action from the web UI and if you have current taxonomies then it will probably restrict to those taxonomies (e.g. creating a host and PXE/finish template rendering). If accessing templates via the API (e.g. kickstart fetch), I expect they'd resolve.
#4 Updated by Thomas McKay about 6 years ago
- Tracker changed from Support to Bug
- Status changed from Resolved to Assigned
Please don't close my issues without discussion. Clearly there is an issue in this area if the behavior is undefined. As this would seem to impact foretello when orgs and locations are enabled, I would like more justification as to why it won't be addressed as a bug. Thanks you.
#6 Updated by Thomas McKay about 6 years ago
The scenario is that only the templates were in an org, not the referenced snippets. So a couple of questions:
1) If a template references a snippet that the user cannot see due to permissions, what will happen? What should happen?
2) If a template references a snippet that does not belong to the same org, what will happen? What should happen?
3) If a template references a snippet that does not exist at all, what will happen? What should happen?