Configure Rails email settings
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1080617
Description of problem:
Cron job `foreman-rake reports:summarize` results in "rake aborted! getaddrinfo: Name or service not known" on default installation.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. One of the cron jobs have:
- /usr/sbin/foreman-rake reports:summarize
getaddrinfo: Name or service not known
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
- echo $?
On default installation, all should work - cron jobs should not produce errors periodically
This was initially reported as:
As per http://projects.theforeman.org/projects/foreman/wiki/Email_configuration I have configured this:
- cat /etc/foreman/email.yaml
- Outgoing email settings
but that generates mails for root@$( hostname -d ) so they have permanent errors in my case, but I guess this can be configured somewhere as well.
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal about 8 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from cron job `foreman-rake reports:summarize` results in "rake aborted! getaddrinfo: Name or service not known" to Configure Rails email settings
- Category set to Foreman modules
This perhaps should include updating the default email.yml file distributed in core, please evaluate as a whole.
#3 Updated by Stephen Benjamin almost 8 years ago
User contributed some documentation related to email.yml which is really useful:
Is documentation sufficient for this issue or do we want to add some options to the installer to configure email.yml?