Accents etc should be permitted in user first and last names
Users cannot currently put accents in their first/last names when using Ruby 1.8.7 as the use of :alnum: in the validation doesn't match accents. This appears to work on 2.0.0 at least.
Original PR: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/1387
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 16
- Bugzilla link set to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1107676
I still can't use accents with 1.5.2-1. LDAP data seems to come as ASCII (but it includes accents!). Any idea?
- Related to Bug #7548: Cannot use UTF8 characters as a user's login, firstname or lastname added
Also available in: Atom