deleting of EC2 guests - confusing message
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1102085
Description of problem:
We have a EC2 guest in Sat6.0.
When we delete it, we get a information message "Successfully deleted", but the guest is still contained in EC2 (and in "Compute Resource" > "Virtual Machines"). Amazon deletes guest with the delay (in my case 10 - 60 min).
it means, the message is inaccurate. It would be better something as "The virtual machine will be deleted in few minutes".
Question is it, the difference between the deleting of host ("Hosts" > "All hosts" > delete some of EC2 guests) and deleting of a virtual machine ("Infrastructure" > "Compute resource" > some of EC2 resources > "Virtual Machines" > some of EC2 guests).
First option deletes the host immediately and VM will be automatically deleted in future. In this case, the message is acceptable, we don't see already host in list.
Second option marks VM for deleting and VM will be automatically deleted in future. In this case, the message is confusing, because we see still the VM in list.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. We have got Sat 6.0 with some EC2 guest.
2. Open detail of VM guest "Infrastructure" > "Compute resource" > some of EC2 resources > "Virtual Machines" > some of EC2 guests
3. Click on the "Delete" button.
4. We can see message "Successfully deleted", but VM is still in the list.
"The virtual machine will be deleted in a few minutes"
#1 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 9 years ago
- Category set to VM management
#2 Updated by Joseph Magen almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Joseph Magen
- Target version set to 1.8.2
#3 Updated by Anonymous almost 9 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.8.2 to 1.8.1
#4 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
#5 Updated by Anonymous over 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.8.1 to 1.8.0
#6 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 10
#7 Updated by Joseph Magen over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset 9d9523c7c7472634e5fb9ed9314b06e1c62c6e96.
fixes #5969 - improve message when deleting virtual machines to indicate delay