Add Microsoft DNS Support
- Project changed from Foreman to Smart Proxy
- Category changed from DNS to DNS
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from New to Feedback
This support is provided by the ISC DNS smart-proxy code. It works on both ISC and Microsoft servers.
Is there some additional work required on this ticket?
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
- Status changed from Closed to Feedback
would it be possible to use a windows host to update ms dns as well?
(i.e. equiv of nsupdate but from a pure windows setup).
just for documentation sake... if your Active Directory zone is restricted (e.g. secure updates only) the current approach will not work.
It's good to have dnscmd/powershell support on the windows foreman proxy side rather then using nsupdate which creates dynamic DNS record (if scavenging is turned on these records will be removed from DNS and that's not what you to happen for a productive server)
- Is duplicate of Feature #3991: dnscmd provider for smart-proxy (Windows) added
- Is duplicate of Feature #1685: Windows DNS: Secure connection using GSS-TSIG added
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
#1685 implemented GSS-TSIG support for the secure updates issue (albeit only dynamic updates via nsupdate), and #3991 has implemented dnscmd support.
Also available in: Atom