External authentication via FreeIPA should be configurable with foreman-installer
Foreman 1.5 brought almost complete external authentication support. However, configuring the environment (packages, Apache modules, sssd, keytab) is manual process with many steps:
The foreman-installer should make it easy to enable the external authentication via FreeIPA with few command-line options.
refs #6445 - purge configuration which is no longer needed.
refs #6445 - make identity_demo work on RHEL 7 as well.
refs #6445 - the mod_lookup_identity-selinux is only needed (and available) in EL 6, we use httpd_dbus_sssd otherwise.
#1 Updated by Jan Pazdziora over 8 years ago
- Blocks Tracker #5031: External authentication support added
#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Project changed from Foreman to Installer
- Category changed from Security to Foreman modules
#3 Updated by Jan Pazdziora over 8 years ago
#4 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Jan Pazdziora
- Target version set to 1.8.1
#5 Updated by Anonymous over 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.8.1 to 1.8.0
#6 Updated by Bryan Kearney over 8 years ago
- Bugzilla link set to 1118011
#7 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 10
#8 Updated by Jan Pazdziora over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset puppet-foreman|378d602424da89f4493767949d534b66942db8e2.
#9 Updated by Petra Kamenickova over 8 years ago
Documentation for Foreman 1.6 has been updated via https://github.com/theforeman/theforeman.org/pull/253
#10 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 2 years ago
- Related to Feature #3710: Configure Kerberos/mod_auth_kerb with a keytab for Foreman web UI added
fixes #6445 - Configure external authentication via FreeIPA.