Adding two OS parameters with same name doesn't raise any error when values are different
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1120657
Description of problem:
I was trying to perform some boundary tests on OS parameters. I defined OS parameter say release_ver with value 2.6.14
I defined same parameter again with value 2.6.16
Both parameters were created successfully. Please see the screenshot.
However when I defined release_ver two times with same values, then on submit, the page moves to 'operating System' tab instead of 'Parameters' tab.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Sat6 GA snap0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create OS and following parameters
a) release_ver with value 2.6.14
b) release_ver with value 2.6.16
2. OS should be created with above parameters.
3. Now update the first parameter b) release_ver with value 2.6.14 from 2.16.16
4. UI switched to other tab, Now UI raises error 'Name already taken" but switched to other tab
There are two issues:
1. when parameters name are same but values are different then UI doesn't raise any error
2. when parameter name as well as value are same then UI raises error but quickly switch to other tab and error remains under 'Parameters' tab
1. when parameters name are same but values are different, still UI raise error like Validation Error: Name already taken
2. when parameter name as well as value are same then UI shouldn't switch the tab, it should stay on 'Parameters' tab