The Audits page is extremely useful in the web interface but it would be even more useful if that same information was written out to a log file as well. That way one can pipe those logs into Splunk or LogStash etc and create searches, dashboards, alerts and open up auditing to a wider audience without having to give access to Foreman.
- Bugzilla link set to 1155817
- Has duplicate Feature #22159: Whenever an audit is created, it should create a log entry with the information added
- Related to Tracker #21879: [TRACKER] Audit every possible resource added
The logger should be disabled by default, but it would be great to have a way to keep audit information in logs.
Note we already have logger called "audit", there are few messages sent during fact import. Please use that logger and turn it into official audit logger.
- Assignee set to Marek Hulán
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/5391 added
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 330
Updated by Anonymous 7 months ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Also available in: Atom