content_source doesn't work with host group-based provisioning
Foreman's default PXE menu can support provisioning by host group, however, Katello's content_source setup needs some changes.
- content_source needs to be added to hostgroup jail,
- distribution_repositories needs to refer to .architecture instead of .arch for hostgroups
- maybe more changes are needed
#4 Updated by Stephen Benjamin over 8 years ago
In order to enable Host Group provisioing:
1) Create a host group that has all of the operating system fields assigned
2) Edit a provisioing template for that OS, on the 'Association' tab, click 'Add combination'
3) Leave environment blank, but set a Host Group
4) On the main template list, now click 'Build PXE Default'
5) Check the TFTP directory (probably /var/lib/tftproot/pxelinux.cfg) for a 'default' file - you should see an entry for each host group you configured
6) Boot a new host via PXE (just directly boot it, not through Foreman's New Host) and you should see a menu that lists each of the foreman host groups