remove pxe-config-link when changing the mac address
When I change the MAC-address of a machine that is marked as "Build",
then foreman should remove an existing link with the old mac-address from the TFTP-Server and create a new one.
#2 Updated by Alexander Rusa over 10 years ago
I pulled the latest version now and there were some updates for foreman and smart-proxy, but the behavior is still reproducible.
- I set an existing machine to "Build"
- The symlink /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/<mac>gets created
- I change the MAC address of the Host
- The symlink does not change.
If I now click "Cancel Build" and "Build" I have symlinks for both MAC addresses.
#3 Updated by Ohad Levy over 10 years ago
- Category set to TFTP
- Assignee set to Ohad Levy
- Target version set to 0.2
You are correct - however :)
we left the old tftp behavior in place not to break anyones current foreman deployment.
the new way of managing tftp services is using a smart proxy, which would also remove the entry.
I agree we can fix the legacy setup as well - thanks.