katello-installer --reset can leave elasticsearch in an odd state
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1131524
Description of problem:
katello-installer --reset doesn't stop elasticsearch before clearing all its data in /var/lib/elasticsearch/. There have been a few reports of elasticsearch working strangely (such as not returning results) after a --reset.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Katello
2. run 'katello-installer --reset'
3. Click around and create katello objects in the UI/Hammer
4. Restart Elasticsearch
5. Verify objects are still there
In some cases elasticsearch will be in a bad state
$ curl -XGET 'http://localhost:9200/_cluster/health?pretty=true'
shows status RED
Elasticsearch not in a bad state. Cluster status should not be red.
#3 Updated by Justin Sherrill about 6 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello-installer|fe56667901f30ed805a3d4b43e4bdf1797315896.