Rebuild packages under ror41/ruby22 SCLs
Moving to Rails 4 will necessitate rebuilding all SCL packages (EL6, 7) under the ror40 SCL. This should be done at the same time as, or after moving packages to our own SCL to make future migrations easier.
Moving between ruby193 and ruby200 stacks (ror40 depends on ruby200) will require some changes to spec files, e.g. for the ruby(abi) to ruby(release) transition.
#7 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
https://github.com/domcleal/foreman-packaging/commits/rpm/develop-7228-ror has the start of this, with tfm and mock configs updated to use the new software collections, rh-ror41, rh-ruby22 and (continuing with) v8314.
The hard work will be updating all of the ruby(release) and ruby(abi) usage, and changing scl_prefix_ruby to scl_prefix_ror in a few places where packages have moved.
#9 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 4 years ago
Branch has all the spec files updated, and all Foreman deps build successfully now. Building Foreman itself fails with the following issues:
- rack-cache is no longer a dep of Rails, it should be removed from Foreman's deps: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2870#discussion-diff-43767877
- gettext_i18n_rails_js 1.x seems to be incompatible with bundler_ext: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2870#issuecomment-153404467
- jquery-rails needs updating: #8705
- released versions of gridster/pwstrength are required, no git refs: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2870#discussion-diff-43726943
- sass-rails 4.x needs to be accepted, or package 5.x: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/2870/files#r43770531