Project

General

Profile

Bug #7256

host filter - params seach not working

Added by Bjarne Offenberg almost 5 years ago. Updated over 4 years ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Search
Target version:
-
Difficulty:
Triaged:
No
Bugzilla link:
Pull request:
Team Backlog:
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:

Description

After upgrading from 1.4.5 to 1.5.x host filter with case insensitive search for host params is not working in the web-ui.
When trying to search for params.FOO ~ bar the result is the whole list of all hosts instead of just the hosts that has this parameter set.

params.FOO = "bar" works fine, but params.FOO ~ bar and params.FOO ~ "bar" does not work.

History

#1 Updated by Michael Moll almost 5 years ago

  • Category set to Search

I'm also seeing this with recent nightlies

#2 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 5 years ago

  • Is duplicate of Bug #7035: Unable to filter on classes (v1.5.2) added

#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Duplicate

Thanks for the report, I believe this is issue #7035 which is currently being fixed for 1.5.3.

#4 Updated by Bjarne Offenberg almost 5 years ago

Dominic Cleal wrote:

Thanks for the report, I believe this is issue #7035 which is currently being fixed for 1.5.3.

I've just tested to change

config_group_ids = ConfigGroup.where(conditions).joins(:puppetclasses).pluck(:id)
to
config_group_ids = ConfigGroup.where(conditions).joins(:puppetclasses).pluck('config_groups.id') on line 93 of /usr/share/foreman/app/models/concerns/hostext/search.rb as sugested in and restarted apache.

I'm still not able to search for paramas.bar ~ foo. I get the full host list.

#5 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Duplicate to New

Ah apologies. Can I just confirm which version of Foreman you're using? There were some search fixes in 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, so if you're using 1.5.0 then you may be missing those.

#6 Updated by Dominic Cleal almost 5 years ago

  • Is duplicate of deleted (Bug #7035: Unable to filter on classes (v1.5.2))

#7 Updated by Bjarne Offenberg almost 5 years ago

Dominic Cleal wrote:

Ah apologies. Can I just confirm which version of Foreman you're using? There were some search fixes in 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, so if you're using 1.5.0 then you may be missing those.

I'm running 1.5.2

#8 Updated by Bjarne Offenberg almost 5 years ago

Bjarne Offenberg wrote:

Dominic Cleal wrote:

Ah apologies. Can I just confirm which version of Foreman you're using? There were some search fixes in 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, so if you're using 1.5.0 then you may be missing those.

I'm running 1.5.2

I think the problem occurred when upgrading to 1.5.0
I've tried 1.5.1 and 1.5.2.

#10 Updated by Bjarne Offenberg over 4 years ago

Any updates to this issue?
I have just upgraded to 1.6.3 and can not see that there has been any changes to this issue.

Also available in: Atom PDF