Remove postinst script duplication across OS packages
postinst scripts are currently duplicated in core packages (identical, depending on DB/non-DB subpackages) and plugins (identical apart from plugin name) across all OSes. We should try and deduplicate this with symlinks or similar.
Updated by Evgeni Golov about 2 years ago
this is finally getting some traction.
- in https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/7226 we implemented a shared library that can be used in plugin postinst scripts
- Ewoud asked for improvements to that library to be smarter (auto-detection of apipie and webpack parameters)
- foreman core postinst still need de-duplication
- this library is yet to be used by all the plugins
Updated by Evgeni Golov over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman-packaging|d188386aef78ab95dbb4847117070de857a3e083.