hammer command to remove content host deletion record
When a content host is deleted on the server, candlepin saves a record of it. If this consumer checks in after that point (via rhsm) it will receive a "410 gone" response. Rhsm know this to mean they have been deleted and so stop checking in. The host may be re-registered at that point, if desired.
Since virt-who checks in on a hypervisors behalf, deleting a hypervisor content host leaves things in a state where that hypervisor cannot be recreated since there is no way to re-register it. From that point on, the hypervisor will never appear again as a content host.
The workaround implemented is to provide a mechanism to delete the deletion record. This would allow virt-who to recreate the hypervisor.
Old katello CLI had a command for this; this needs to be implemented in hammer.
#1 Updated by Thomas McKay over 8 years ago
- Bugzilla link set to 1155642
#2 Updated by Thomas McKay over 8 years ago
- Related to Feature #8098: As a virt-who user, I would like to add and remove hypervisors explicitly. added
#3 Updated by Eric Helms over 8 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 14
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
#4 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 59
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/4777 added
- Pull request deleted (
#5 Updated by Eric Helms over 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 59 to 61
#6 Updated by Eric Helms over 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 61 to 62
#7 Updated by Eric Helms about 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 62 to 63
#8 Updated by Eric Helms about 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) changed from 14 to 23
#9 Updated by Eric Helms about 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 63 to 66
#10 Updated by Eric Helms about 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Resolved