parameterized class support
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/5045 is the ticket for this.
Basically I think the UI should be updated so that when you select a class it either gives you the parameters directly below or creates new boxes (like the existing parameters one) below that list:
Parameter name [ box to type in ]
Parameter name 2 [ box to type in ]
Updated by Romain Vrignaud almost 12 years ago
For me, the use case should be :
- After importing puppet classes, I should be able to edit class and in a "Parameterized Class" Tab I should be able to add as many paramaters as I want and optional default value for each parameter.
- When I edit an hostgroup and I add a parameterized class to this hostgroup : it should show under the list class (or in parameter tab ?) the list of declared paramater for that class and I should be able to edit the keys. If I don't set any value then it should be mandatory to be done during host edition.
- In the same idea, If I add a parameterized class to an host, I should be able to configure the parameterized class in the same way.
- If one of my host is declared as a member of an hostgroup which include a parameterized class, I should see the value affected in hostgroup. (see Feature #1165)
Updated by Ohad Levy about 11 years ago
- Category set to Puppet integration
- Assignee changed from Olivier Favre to Ohad Levy
a more recent hopefully soon to be merged here: