a way to handle .rpmsave & rpmnew config files
Currently there is no way of handeling .rpmsave or .rpmnew files.
As katello hides yum from view and yum hides rpm, there should be something analog to rpmconf (https://github.com/xsuchy/rpmconf/wiki) in katello to merge these config files..
- it search all config file of all installed packages and check if file with .rpmsave or .rpmnew exists.
- It allows you to see diff of this file against current file and can do merge.
- It allows you to keep current version or the other one (rpmsave or rpmnew one).
- it deletes .rpmsave and .rpmnew files which are identical to current file
- after your choice it deletes the unwanted file.
- it can search for all orphaned rpmsave and rpmnew files.