a way to handle .rpmsave & rpmnew config files
Currently there is no way of handeling .rpmsave or .rpmnew files.
As katello hides yum from view and yum hides rpm, there should be something analog to rpmconf (https://github.com/xsuchy/rpmconf/wiki) in katello to merge these config files..
- it search all config file of all installed packages and check if file with .rpmsave or .rpmnew exists.
- It allows you to see diff of this file against current file and can do merge.
- It allows you to keep current version or the other one (rpmsave or rpmnew one).
- it deletes .rpmsave and .rpmnew files which are identical to current file
- after your choice it deletes the unwanted file.
- it can search for all orphaned rpmsave and rpmnew files.
#3 Updated by John Mitsch 9 months ago
- Status changed from Need more information to Closed
Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue was created over 4 years ago and hasn't seen an update in 1 year. We are closing this in an effort to keep a realistic backlog. Please open up a new issue that includes a link to this issue if you feel this still needs to be addressed. We can then triage the new issue and reassess.