Tracker for anything concerning Ruby 1.9.3 support, and being able to drop it. There are likely things in Foreman we can revert (gem pins, workarounds).
This is not likely to happen for some time as most of our supported OSes run on Ruby 1.9.3 currently.
- Related to Refactor #8885: Pin google-api-client for Ruby 1.9 support added
- Related to Bug #12015: fog-google no longer supports ruby 1.9 added
Supported OSes currently running Foreman under Ruby 1.9.3, AFAIR:
- Debian 7 (wheezy)
- Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
- Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty)
Fedora 19 and Debian 8 are the only ones using 2.x.
- Related to Bug #11980: Test failures on Ruby 1.9.3, net-ssh 3.x requires Ruby 2.0 or higher added
- Related to Bug #12074: rack-cache 1.3.0 is incompatible with Ruby 1.9.3 added
- Related to Bug #12431: tins 1.7.0 requires Ruby 2.0 or higher added
- Blocked by Feature #7228: Rebuild packages under ror41/ruby22 SCLs added
Dominic Cleal wrote:
Being handled in #7228, which includes an update to Ruby 2.2.
- Blocked by Feature #12671: Move Ubuntu 14.04 Foreman package to Ruby 2.0.0 added
I'd propose that we drop support for Debian 7/Wheezy when we need to drop 1.9.3 support (which would likely be when Fog 2.0.0 is released), as I can't see any reasonable way to get a newer Ruby version.
For Precise, we could switch to newer ruby2* package from the Brightbox ruby-ng PPA.
- Blocked by Feature #12732: Move Ubuntu 12.04 Foreman package to Ruby 2.0.0 added
- Blocks Bug #13082: Windows images unavailable when creating GCE image entries added
- Related to Bug #13866: jwt 1.5.3 breaks Ruby 1.9.3 tests added
- Related to Bug #13929: Pin test_after_commit to version < 5.0 added
- Tracker changed from Tracker to Refactor
- Category changed from 70 to Packaging
- Blocks deleted (Bug #13082: Windows images unavailable when creating GCE image entries)
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/3510 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Related to Bug #15176: Bundler fails to find compatible fog-google version added
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 136
- Related to Bug #15576: Pin google-api-client to < 0.9 added
Also available in: Atom