Repo create pages need to be clearer for docker content type
Currently when creating a repo with content type docker, the Name and URL attributes mean very specific things. It is not really clear to the user that name implies the upstream repository name and url implies just the registry URL. Also its not clear that this URL is optional right now and only needed if you plan to sync.
Need ability to differentiate between name of the repo and upstream name of the docker repository
#1 Updated by Partha Aji about 8 years ago
Also need to address the field clutter on that page, where based on content type some fields are hidden and others are not.
#2 Updated by Partha Aji about 8 years ago
- Blocks Tracker #7125: Docker Content Support added
#3 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 63
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/4932 added
- Pull request deleted (
#4 Updated by Eric Helms about 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 23
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
#5 Updated by Eric Helms about 8 years ago
- Target version changed from 63 to 66
#6 Updated by Partha Aji about 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello|6c6a921943e506a08805684db556054dd6b425ff.
Fixes #8959 - Repo create cleanup
This commit does the following
1) Adds an docker_upstream_name column for repositories so as to
distinguish between the "repo name" and upstream feed repository name.
Changes in the model and actions added to accomodate this.
2) Cleans up the repo create page to only show fields relevant to the
selected content type
3) Moves content type field to the top of the create so as to make it
abundantly clear that the fields below all belong to the selected