discovery rule hostname is not clear
the usage of this input is not clear, if its a prefix it should be called hostname prefix, alternatively provide an example in an inline help or link to documentation?
#2 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 5 years ago
Here is the text we can show in help baloon or something:
Hostname for provisioned hosts. Domain will be appended automatically. A hostname based on MAC address will be used when left blank. Use ERB templating to access host attributes and facts. Examples:
- myhost-<%= rand(99999) %>
- myhost-<%= @host.facts['bios_vendor'] + '-' + rand(99999) %>
- myhost-<%= @host.hostgroup.name %>
- myhost-<%= @host.discovery_rule.name %>
- myhost-<%= @host.ip.gsub('.','-') + '-' + @host.hostgroup.subnet.name %>
When creating hostname patterns, make sure the resulting host names are unique. Good approach is to use unique information provided by facter (MAC address, BIOS or serial ID).
#6 Updated by Anonymous over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset foreman_discovery|6c8df37ac215cbd97a3fe79cab2de694b3810710.