Discovery should provide a convinient method to convert discovered host into managed host (aka provision)
There's no reusable way to transform discovered host into managed host provided by Discovery, which leads to custom code copied from discovery controller like this Unfortunately this leads to problems when the "official" provision code changes, like someone adds deletion of discovered host facts. I know that there's already perform_auto_provision which is shared among controllers using concern, but it does not belong to controller. I see it as a Host::Discovered responsibility or if not directly this class, then some new HostConverter, not controller.
refs #9546 - moving host_converter to proper directory for rails
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_discovery/pull/161 added
- Pull request deleted (
#2 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 8 years ago
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Target version set to Discovery Plugin 3.0.0
Agreed, pushed first version. Feel free to review.
#3 Updated by Ori Rabin about 8 years ago
- Related to Bug #9488: Unable delete the discovered hosts from foreman added
#4 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 8 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
- Target version changed from Discovery Plugin 3.0.0 to Discovery Plugin 2.0.1
#5 Updated by Anonymous about 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset foreman_discovery|4376e3cae7439a28ff965de4c649f775f224a631.
Fixes #9546 - added converter STI helper API