activation key - create: "Loading...." hangs on UI due to 404/elasticsearch error
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1204929
Description of problem:
When creating AKs, user will sporadically get a "Loading...." hang, upon submission. This is apparently due to a resource 404. This 404, in turn, is due to things being completed/returned too quickly for elasticsearch, which is apparently returning our ak info.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Sometimes!! It seems to happen every 2-3 AK creates on this box, but not every time. On jcalla's box, we haven't seen it at all.... yet.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. attempt to create an activation key; submit.
2. If you do not get stuck, repeat step 1 until you do get stuck
3. View results
- UI reading "Loading...." with a misplaced "environments" arrowhead
- Console in chrome reads
Status Code:404 Not Found
- In production log:
2015-03-23 14:44:49 [I] Completed 404 Not Found in 18ms (Views: 0.3ms | ActiveRecord: 0.9ms)
2015-03-23 14:44:50 [I] Rendered /opt/rh/ruby193/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-184.108.40.206/app/views/katello/api/v2/environments/paths.json.rabl within katello/api/v2/layouts/collection (225.3ms)
No 404s, "Loading" page 'just works.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 68
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/5135 added
- Pull request deleted (
#2 Updated by Walden Raines about 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello|a15d5098b0252eaeed3bc4a8c59ede2177f61593.
#3 Updated by Eric Helms about 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 23
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Fixes #9887: remove search on activation key show, BZ1204929.
We were using the search service on the show method for activation
keys and we shouldn't be doing this. This commit removes the search.