Trying to remove a content view indicates "affected hosts" that do not use said CV
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1205379
Description of problem:
When you have two parallel content paths - say, RHEL6 and RHEL7 - and systems registered using each, subsequently trying to remove one of the paths, indicates "affected hosts" that do not actually consume content from that CV.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sync RHEL6 content; create RHEL6 CV/pub/promote; add RHEL6CV to ak
2. Register RHEL6 box(es)
3. Sync RHEL7 content; create RHEL7 CV/pub/promote; add RHEL67V to ak
4. Register RHEL7 box(es)
5. Attempt to remove RHEL6 CV (first remove rhel6 AK, etc., I think?) * Remove View > Remove Version > Next * Show Affected Content Hosts
Hosts that show up in "Affected Content Hosts" that are not RHEL6 and/or should not be affected.
We should not show hosts that are not affected
This is more critical than it looks because I am forced to move those hosts somewhere else (even though they don't need to be) in order to remove the view.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 68
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/5137 added
- Pull request deleted (
#2 Updated by David Davis almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset katello|b27e0a422acf2d81475af5c806798f3b11c0f228.
#3 Updated by Eric Helms almost 8 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 31
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Fixes #9890 - Add content_view_id to systems API