Development Resources » History » Version 34
- Table of contents
- Development Resources
Content has been promoted to the Foreman web site¶
The content from this page has been incorporated into the official theforeman.org web site. You can access it here:
The archived version of this page is still available
Upcoming deep dives¶
Upcoming topics are on the Upcoming Deep Dives page - feel free to add more suggested topics!
- Reviewing patches - some notes about things to check for when reviewing PRs
- Reviewing_patches-commit_message_format - commit message standard for Foreman projects
Foreman is packaged as both RPMs (for EL, Fedora) and Debian packages.
Each major release of Foreman is managed by a release manager.
- Release Management contains general guidance on the process, controlling what's released etc.
- Release Process describes the process the manager will follow (and amend) to prepare and publish each release
Each release schedule is available below:
- Foreman 1.7 Schedule
- Foreman 1.8 Schedule
- Foreman 1.9 Schedule
- Foreman 1.10 Schedule
- Foreman 1.11 Schedule
Developer documentation and designs¶
- Granular permission system (aka new permission system)
- Create a host in UI when building and runnning Foreman from sources
- API v2 Development Guidelines
- friendly_id gem is used by Foreman to unify the the common find logic between UI and API based on id or friendly_id "name" of resource
- Triage process - how to triage redmine issues